Email marketing best practices are consistent for most any type of email communication, but those of us that do business-to-business (B2B) email marketing know that we have to take a somewhat different approach to our email content. A B2B business relationship is much different than a consumer relationship, and we have to plan our messaging [...]
Attracting qualified leads is an increasingly important part of business. And attracting those leads is becoming increasingly difficult. Marketers must get their message in front of the right people at the right time. They need to produce relevant content to generate interest, they need to be there when prospects demand information, and they need to [...]
In order to provide the most relevant marketing content, you have to understand your audience. Their likes, dislikes, pain points and challenges. Anticipating who will be reading your message is key to producing effective email marketing content. Plan your content from their perspective. Ask yourself these questions to see how much you understand about your [...]
Default character lengths of email From Name and Subject Line displays in popular smartphone and tablet devices With the rise in popularity of mobile devices, email marketers must adapt their message to communicate effectively with recipients using smartphones and tablets. In the mobile inbox, the first thing a recipient sees is your From Name and [...]
Watch Out: Dangerous Email Walk away from the light! Don’t make mistakes that could kill your business. Okay, okay, maybe that’s a bit too dramatic. But really, far too many people are making email marketing mistakes that decrease their chances of success. Avoid the pitfalls, and consider the following errors – and at times even blunders – [...]
The goal of email marketing is relevance and action. Recipients want emails that speak directly and are interesting to them, while marketers want emails that get results. The first and most important step towards improved email relevancy and results is: targeting. A recent Marketing Sherpa case study suggests a 208% higher conversion rate for targeted emails over regular, untargeted email blasts. Here are ten tips to help you improve your email segmentation and targeting.
Email is the cornerstone of online business, so there’s pressure to make your messages irresistible to your readers. How do you make sure your emails are opened? How do you make sure people read beyond the first few words? Here are some tips to help ensure your open and read rates are as high as [...]
When it comes to email marketing, we should all be doing better. And we know it. In fact, 61% of email marketers admit they could do better. And the remaining 39% are lying.